Wednesday, March 24, 2010

awake

and alert.
 i work in a Very Big library.

i don't mention work on here much. it's a conscious decision - not because i don't love my job - i am a rare person who does - but more due to a desire to keep work separate. i am thinking of starting a blog about issues relevant to the library industry.  but i probably won't.  i am not obsessive about remaining nameless online, it's not like i say anything here that's compromising, or will have me arrested. but at the same time, it's not important to be attached to me. it's sort of nice that it's not, that i put it out there, quiet, in the space of the great unread of the great unwashed. not that i mind if people do read. but nor do i care if they don't. it's not why i write.

pushing back the book-buying urges.  quiet now.  i felt myself sliding earlier, somewhere darker and darker as the day ticked passed.  but i am stopping, and digging in my heels, and trying to hold my own.  i can. i know i can.

No comments:

Post a Comment