Friday, February 12, 2010

rocking chair


 
this is my new chair. 
bunny seems to approve of it.

Recent book acquisitions : 


Rapture

I've been meaning to buy a copy ever since i read about it on Jeanette Winterson's website. so far, it is incredibly. utterly, breathtakingly incredible.  it makes me wish impossible things, and makes me hungry. it makes me sit in the rain and feel like the tears are not salty. oh oh oh. it is beautiful.













Ox-Tales Fire  and this one, i just found randomly in a bookstore. series of short stories, (yes, one by Jeanette Winterson... theme much?) for a really amazingly cheap price.  collect em all, i say.  i love short stories though.  they are a beautiful place to play in language, and form, and deliciousness.






 i'm thinking about trying my hand/fingertips at poetry again some time. it likely won't see the light of day... i feel self concious about whatever i write, poetrywise, and i doubt it'd be of much literarrrrrry worth, whatever i splutter out.  i haven't found the voice yet, my voice, any voice.  minimal words, sketching shapes with a few lines and letting our hearts fill in the rest? i just don't know, i really don't. 

nor am i sure what i am trying to say. 

and that is ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment