Wednesday, April 14, 2010

sharp teeth

dig dig dig dig dig it deeper into the flesh, into the flesh.

the city folded away from me, like rumpled sheets shifting off my body crawling out of bed, but i want to go back in there, and dive away the hours, naked and raw.  the lights flickered off and the onion layers peeled off the cement towers in the sky that shrank and folded off me as we drove, the lines, the blackness, the shaking hands, the small hands, the heart in throat, the slipperiness.



i can feel, preemptively, teeth marks on my neck. i can feel skin i've not tasted on the edge of my lips, and i can feel my feet slip, and my hands slip, and i can feel the memories rise and fall and my eyes grip on tight, tighter than my knuckles, death grip, white and don't let go now, oh no, this is not the time to let go....

and what i need now are words. i need to make them dance. i need to make them sing, i need to make them so glorious the world falls apart. please.  i don't want to let go now. because now, i'm hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment