Tuesday, December 22, 2009

bob dylan and sex

i just finished 'affection' by krissy kneen. sometimes books are very close, and it is hard to write clearly about what you think. it is hard to understand how close it stands to you.

it is brisbane, and sex and the humidity, the streets and the darkness, the bridge and the river, the footsteps.

it has the madness and softness, and god. it's too close for me to articulate it clearly right now. it makes me want to whip a part of myself out and become alive again. it makes me want to reflect across my own life, my own sex, my own intimacies, and the meaning spun between them. it might only add up to 25 years, but there's enough there. there is enough.

i'm whipping myself around it, right now. 'like a rolling stone' - this song is j. b. and i, before b. went to palistine, while j was here, fleetingly, and we listened to it, and we drank, cloudy cigarette tinged apartment, the laziness and the tepid boredom of canberra there, floating with the smoke.

softly.

No comments:

Post a Comment